ILCCO is a membership organization available to all Illinois community college districts for the purpose of promoting quality online learning and providing additional online learning opportunities for students through course sharing.
ILCCO's Vision, Mission and Purpose is defined as:
- Build excellence in 21st century education by serving as a catalyst to promote best practices and create learner-centered educational environments through adherence to core values of innovation, collaboration and sharing, leadership, and excellence. More specifically we will:
- Explore cutting edge technology and new instructional strategies to bring about change in online teaching and learning.
- Work collaboratively, both formally and informally, to share resources, best practices, and experiences to enhance initiatives that support online teaching and learning
- Use current data to recognize growing needs.
- As a gathering of leaders in online education in the state of Illinois, contribute to the leadership development of our members as leaders in their own institutions by strengthening skills and abilities while also striving to guide and advocate for online learning in the state.
ILCCO's member colleges are:
- Black Hawk College
- Carl Sandburg College
- City Colleges of Chicago
- College of DuPage
- College of Lake County
- Danville Area Community College
- Elgin Community College
- Harper College
- Heartland Community College
- Highland Community College
- Illinois Central College
- Illinois Valley Community College
- John Wood Community College
- Joliet Junior College
- Kankakee Community College
- Kaskaskia College
- Lake Land College
- McHenry County College
- Moraine Valley Community College
- Oakton Community College
- Parkland College
- Prairie State College
- Rend Lake College
- Richland Community College
- Sauk Valley Community College
- Southeastern Illinois College
- Spoon River College
- Triton College
- Waubonsee Community College
For information on ILCCO's formation, view our History.